Friday, April 8, 2011

If you have to apologize....

Dear Men of Baltimore,
 

If you have to apologize for inappropriately approaching a woman, the right time to ask her out again is NOT during the apology.
 

Please leave all cheesy lines about what happened when eye contact was made to John Cusack. He plays that role better than you.
 

And finally, if you say "trust me, I never do this" we know you're lying.


Here's the actual e-mail, with personal details edited out:

[Insert Name] here from [place we met]. (I was the handsome and funny white guy)  I just wanted to send you a quick note to apologize, if I at all made you uncomfortable with my fun and witty banter about getting your phone number to let you know about the next week’s event and the possible of getting dinner with you sometime.  I should not have put you in that position in front of a bunch of people you had just met.  I’m sorry.  I hope you accept my apology.  If I wanted to get your phone number and ask you out to get to know you better, I should have done this just between the two of us.

I think you will make a great addition and I am hopeful that you will continue to show up on Tuesday’s evenings. 

However, if you would like to catch up sometime for lunch or a quick bite to eat, I would definitely be up for it.  Trust me, this is the first time I have ever done anything like this… so this is kind of weird for me, but when I first made eye contact with you and then smiled at you, I knew I needed to get to know you.  At this point I am sure you are either thinking this guy is a total freakin wack job or maybe you are actually finding this note endearing.  Yikes!  Now I am starting to think I am nuts for writing this.  Haha.  Oh well… You only live once!  Anyway…

It will be great to have you as a part of [Tuesday nights] and if it is best that we are just friends, I am totally cool with that and I promise things wouldn’t be weird at all.  But if you would like to catch up sometime to get to know each other (outside of Tuesday nights), let me know!  Hope your day is going great.

No comments:

Post a Comment